The COVID-19 club small grant scheme is part of a programme from the Government of Ireland, implemented through Sport Ireland and its network of Local Sports Partnerships to support the sports sector during the COVID-19 pandemic. This scheme is designed to support clubs, which do not have the finances to implement COVID-19 related hygiene and social distancing protocols. As the total fund available is limited, clubs which already have the finances to implement COVID-19 protocols should not apply. Clubs must ensure that, where available, they prioritise the application for funding support via their National Governing Body or relevant representative body. Funding support for the same purpose should not be sought from multiple sources.
This grant can cover costs associated with the reopening of sports clubs. The club grant scheme is designed and intended to support return to sporting activities only. This funding cannot be used to support COVID-19 costs related to hospitality services such as bars or restaurants within sports facilities.
The COVID 19 Club Small Grants can be used to support COVID 19 related expenditure dating from 2nd May 2020 onwards (Date of publication of Government roadmap to recovery).
The scheme will be based on identified needs. Roscommon LSP and Sport Ireland will work together to ensure that the investment is distributed fairly. Every effort will be made to ensure that the wider sports community benefits from this scheme. There is a €1,500 limit per club on this grant scheme however applications will be means tested and only clubs with the most need will be eligible for the full amount. Clubs should not feel that they have to apply for the full amount to be considered for support.
- Only one application can be submitted per club.
- Applications to Roscommon Sports Partnership are only applicable to clubs based within Roscommon County.
- Funding applications must be submitted prior to Wednesday the 2nd of September via the application form Apply Here
- Clubs must ensure that, where available, they prioritise the application for funding support via their National Governing Body or relevant representative body.
- Funding support for the same purpose should not be sought from multiple sources – applications will be reviewed in this respect.
We recommend that you complete the application form online – Apply Here
Important – The form must be filled out in one attempt, there is no facility to save the form and return to it at a later date. Closing Date for Receipt of Applications is Wednesday the 2nd of September 2020 at 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please read the full Information and Terms & Conditions prior to completing the form – Covid Grant Info Terms and Conditions